Days left before Smart Mayon 360° Albay Ultramarathon
April 9, 2016
Legazpi City, Albay PH
Perfect Mayon, Fantastic Ultramarathon!
Mayon 360° is a 50 mile(80km) run around the circumference of the world’s most perfect coned volcano, Mt Mayon Volcano. Organized by the Junior Chamber International – Legazpi Chapter in cooperation with Liga ng mga Barangay – Albay Chapter and sanctioned by the Philippine Association of Ultrarunners. Sponsored by the Provincial Government of Albay, Governor Joey S. Salceda, and the Magayon Festival 2016.
Cash Prize for top finishers
40km / 40km
20km / 20km / 20km / 20km
Mayon 360° Facts
- Famous for its “Perfect Cone”, the Mayon Volcano is the Philippines’ most active volcano and the most popular tourist destination in the Bicol Region. With a height of 2,463 meters, it is the centerpiece of the Albay province
- This original run crosses 7 Municipalities, 3 cities, and 77 Barangays with a Total distance of 50Miles (80kms)
- In 2014, 2 new categories were added: 2-man relay and 4-man relay.
- All paved roads, with close to 60 percent asphalt and 40 percent concrete
- In 2011, the Department of Tourism recognized Mayon 360° as the Best Tourism Event in the Country (Sports/Wellness Category-Provincial Level-First Place)
- 76 Years Old, Vicente Caurez of Laguna, was the oldest participant of Mayon 360°. During the 3rd edition he placed 158th with time of 14:48:19.
- 14 years old, Tommy Botabara of Manila, was the youngest participant of Mayon 360° 80 km Solo Category 2013 edition. He placed 387th with time of 15:41:13